a.k.a Biscotti dello Canella-Zenzero
(adapted from Cooking Light Septemer 2008)
1.5 cups of flour
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
dash of salt
6 tbs butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbs fat-free milk
3 tbs molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients, through salt. Stir with whisk.
2. Combine butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat witha mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Beat in milk, molasses and vanilla extract.
3. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat on low speed until blended. Shape dough into a 6-inch disk.
4. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
6. Shape dough into about 30 balls (about 2 teaspoons each).
7. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Flatten balls lightly with a spoon.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 4 minutes. Remove and cool completely on racks.
I made these last night. They were mild. Not soo sweet and very tasty.